Friday 16 January 2015

At the End of the Day

This is a follow-up to last week's Stress Vent. Just a reminder:
Nothing lasts forever
That's it; your stress won't last; the things that are upsetting you now, you'll look back and wonder what you were worrying about; people who annoy you now, in ten years, they probably won't be around unless you want them to be.
At the end of the day, nothing is permanent. 
In the heat of the moment, it can feel like everything's surrounding you, but the moments pass and you can grow. In geography today, we learnt that the word 'advance', in terms of glaciers, means to grow. For glaciers, it's in size, but for us, we can advance in so many ways; our knowledge, our personality, our understanding of the world.
To relate this to me, this time last week, I was writing about being stressed over a geography assessment and chemistry homework. Today I learned I got A's in both, which I am so happy about, and that's my wake up the the span of things. I've been worrying about those for a week, hoping I got a good grade so that my tears weren't for naught, and now I know they weren't, I feel kind of stupid, but not completely ridiculous, because you don't cry for nothing. 
You cry because you're impassioned.
You cry because you're angry, or you're sad, or scared, or even happy (though I can't say I've cried out of joy much before). Never underestimate your emotions, because, confusing as they are, they are the windows into you and your feelings, and they explain a lot more than your mouth can.
At the end of the day, these things, they're gone, over and done with; they can't be changed, only improved upon.
Please remember that,
I'm always here to message if needed, remember that too.
Have a nice weekend everybody,
Eve <3

4 comments:

  1. Very well written and it's so on point! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Archie! It's a real compliment for you to say these are well-written!
      Stay awesome,
      Love Eve <3

      Delete
  2. I loved this blog post! <3

    ReplyDelete