Wednesday 7 January 2015

Writing Wednesday ~ The One with the Mad English Lesson

I know, I keep steering away from the 100 writing prompts, but I must document today's English lesson, which featured an angsty sock and a sexual starburst (ha! alliteration)
So, if you want to learn what I wrote in English, read on!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our first task was to describe where missing socks go when they disappear mysteriously in the washing machine. Accidentally, I actually started writing the extension task about how the sock itself feels (I was writing about the sock that's left behind as well!) So, here is my personified sock!
* * * * *
Imagine your soulmate, your best friend, the other side of your coin. You were made together, crafted in the same moments, packaged side by side. Imagine that one person who keeps you separate, but still keeping you together. After each separation, you are cleaned and then put back together. Imagine, though, you are cleaned, and when you emerge, you aren't brought together once gain; you look for them, your soulmate, your best friend, the one who completes you, but they aren't there. You are thrown into the pile of 'unpaireds' and wonder where you went wrong, how you lost a friend.
* * * * *
Don't ask me what happened, or what I was on, I honestly have no clue. Wait until you read about the sexual starburst!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I'll explain the sexual starburst. Basically, we were focusing today on the senses. We were each given a starburst (a fruity sweet) and given a different task every few minutes to write about. First, there was sight, then touch (with wrapper), touch (without wrapper), smell, taste (without chewing), taste (with chewing).

I couldn't tell you if it's my teacher who's mad, or me for making a confectionery sweet sound sexual. You decide!
* * * * *
Small and inconsequential, it sits temptingly before me. In my palm, its wrapping crackles, the sound begging me to unfold the paper, to release it from its paper cage. Malleable yet firm, it breaks beneath my nail. The citrus hits my nose, surrounding me in a fragrant aroma that reminds me of foreign soul. Lemon and lime bursts against my tongue, sticking to the roof of my mouth against my will. As I chew, I suddenly remember my braces being tightened yesterday, my teeth grinding around the starburst igniting the pain that flares in my gums. Stupidly, I only now remember that I shouldn't eat such chewy delights, as it wraps itself around my braces, sending my tongue to release my braces from its citrus hold.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These are completely unedited, though I really wanted to. What was I on for that hour? Maybe it was just exhaustion from writing so much in history the lesson before.
Next week, I will hopefully be continuing with the 100 writing prompts challenge, which will also be my english homework, due tomorrow, so I need to go do that :)
Eve <3

6 comments:

  1. we did this in english too, my sweet was an alien egg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On you would be able to make socks sad!! :(
    Thanks a lot Eve, haha :P

    Eating starburst with braces is definitely awful and cringey (though I do it anyway, so who am I to complain?)

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the most evil of writers, I can make your clothing sad!
      I'd literally had them tightened the day before, and it was just ugh! I really want a starburst now,mmmm, starburst!
      Eve x

      Delete
    2. The worst thing is trying to eat chocolate éclairs with braces - SO MANY REGRETS.
      I can barely eat bread with recently-tightened braces, let alone super-chewy sweets!

      Delete
    3. But chocolate eclairs!
      I'm crap for the first day or so and eat soup and pasta, but then I'm fine apart from the occasional sensitivity. (I may be doing a braces blog on the day I've had them for a year)
      Eve <3

      Delete