Friday 6 February 2015

Pen & Key Rants ~ Who do You Think You Are?

In this episode, I talk about people who feel entitled to help. And if you know who I'm talking about in this post, I swear to god, do not mention it to them.
* * * * *
So, on Wednesday, we were covering straight line graphs in maths. Maths first thing on a morning is bad enough, but add trying to get your head around lines and y=mc whatever and you honestly want to just crawl all the way back to bed. Luckily for me, I've had a natural mathematics ability that has yet to let me down, so I got through it pretty quick.

Anyway, my friends behind me were asking how big we had to make the graph for the extension questions. I didn't know, so I couldn't offer any help (as you have probably gleaned already, if I don't know something for sure, I don't claim liability, or just won't offer an answer). However, when Maya didn't know how to answer a question, I moved over to help her answer it (and I really wanted to get away from the boy I sit next to, who had been annoying me to no end). So when I moved next to Maya, the ones who asked about the graph, who sit behind her, were outraged. 

Now I'm sorry, but I'm not the best authority to tell you how to draw a graph, but I can help you work out how to plot it.

So, let's fast forward to next lesson. IT, spreadsheets, eh. I return to my seat at the end of the lesson to have a pen chucked at me. My pen, as it turns out. My pen, with the hook on the cap snapped off.

Apparently, it was payback for not helping him in IT.

HOW BLOODY ENTITLED CAN YOU BE? Ever heard of an eye for an eye? If I ask you for help, refuse it to me, don't let me copy off your homework when I forgot to do it. You, sir, have legitimately damaged my property. If we weren't in school and it weren't a pen, I could sue you. The way I was feeling, I would have.

So yeah self-entitled people, be less dick-ish around me, or a slap may be heading towards you face.

Happy Friday, Eve <3

8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. These people sound kinda crazy. Wow. Aha I reckon needing help is frustrating, but you shouldn't be feeling that other people are obliged to help you. Although now that I think about it, there are times when I get over demanding for help. Maybe I should stop.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all crazy here :)
      Asking for help isn't bad, how else are you going to learn, but it's when you start asking out of laziness that irks me. I don't know, i'm an opinionated person.
      Eve <3

      Delete
  2. I know right - TEENAGERS. Don't you just love 'em?
    Once I let a boy from my class borrow my pen, and when I asked for it back at the end of the day he raised two fingers at me in front of all his friends. Nice. I don't even understand why they all think they're so witty and superior, they're just plain rude and ignorant.
    Best wishes,
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're a lovely bunch, aren't we? Thinking about it, I sound a bit mad raving about a broken pen, but it's the principal.
      Have a nice weekend,
      Eve <3

      Delete
  3. Okay.
    So that sounds like a bundle of joy. But in all seriousness, that is extremely rude! Help is something that is offered to you out of kindness, not something you can demand or punish people for if you don't get it! Haha 'I could sue you.' I don't think you would have won many points with that one, Eve. <3

    x visit my blog too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't actually mention the 'I could sue you' part. I wouldn't have won many points, but I could've argued a few more :)
      Eve <3

      Delete
  4. I noticed this! When you came to sit with me to help me (thank you btw) the boys were being really ridiculous about it :/ YOU GO GIRL <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually talking about J-Bridge, but yeah that annoyed me too. You needed help, and, no offense, Mr M's explanations are more confusing than they are enlightening.

      Delete