Saturday 14 March 2015

Pen and Key Cooks - Egg Fried Rice

So, I may have mentioned this a couple of times, but I love to cook. There is just such satisfaction for me to work on a good meal for myself and for it to turn out well. My mum's even started asking me to cook her and dad's tea if she's busy, seeing as I made it my goal of 2015 to learn to cook more things. Last week I made them spaghetti bolognese, and I got some left overs the night after, it tasted exactly the same as my mum's.

I'm into trying out new things, food-wise, learning  new skills and dishes. This week's experiment was my very own Egg Fried Rice with some twists. I've written down the recipe with some improvements so that you can try it out for yourself:


Eve’s Egg Fried Rice

Ingredients: (Serves 1 with a large appetite)
  • ½ Cup Rice
  • ½ Onion, chopped
  • ¾ Cup Peas/Sweetcorn
  • 200g Chicken, defrosted
  • 2 Eggs, beaten (seasoned as you wish)
Directions:
  1. Ensure chicken is defrosted. If using defrost function on microwave, make sure it doesn't begin to cook the chicken.
  2. Set water for rice away to boil
  3. Slice chicken into thin strips and onions into small pieces
  4. When rice is at least halfway cooked, fry chicken. Add any herbs or spices.
  5. Remove chicken from frying pan, then fry onions.
  6. Add in peas/sweetcorn
  7. Mix rice in with peas and onions in the pan
  8. Move your rice mix to the sides, leaving a well in the middle
  9. Pour egg mixture into the well and cook (attempt to scramble)
  10. Mix scrambled egg into rice mix
  11. Mix in chicken
  12. Cook until satisfied

As you can see, I'm not the most articulate when it comes to writing recipes, seeing as this is my first one. Feel free to leave a comment if you're confused by anything! And if you do try it, send me a picture or tell me how it tasted for you!
Love Eve <3

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Eve!
    It's amazing that you love to cook. I'm seventeen and I still haven't learnt how to make my own tea properly!
    The Egg Fried Rice looks super-duper yum. It looks a bit like biryani that we make here in India. I'll make sure I'll try it out (once I get the hang of the basics).
    Cooking and learning to do other household chores is my new year's resolution too!
    But so far, I haven't attempted anything!
    Stay awesome as ever,
    Much love,
    Archie
    P.S., You've written the recipe perfectly, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it's a hobby :)
      Thank you. I don't know if I've tried biryani before, I'm not that well versed in Indian food. Though when I get my braces off (7 weeks today) I'm planning on curry being my first meal, as I've avoided it for more than a year because it may stain.
      I've tried ironing. I gave up after I partially burnt a pyjama top of mine! I can say I've tried!
      Thank you Archie, it's alright for a first attempt, at least. :)
      Stay amazing as always,
      Love Eve <3

      Delete