Sunday 27 December 2015

Beauty & Food Favourites 2015

I gave up on favourites posts a while back, but I thought I'd look back upon 2015, things I liked, memories I've made and just...reflect and appreciate it all, because if there's one thing I've learnt, it's appreciation.
Due to post length, I've split my 2015 Favourites into 5 separate parts, so from today (December 27th) until the 31st, I will post a different category each day. Also, the 30th will bring a double post, because of my final December Writing Wednesday, so get excited!
Today is, quite obviously if you've read the title, about beauty favourites of the year, with a bit about food, because otherwise there wouldn't be 5 posts!
This will still be pretty long due to swatch images, etc.

Beauty:


Avon Liquid Eyeshadow - Chromed Cocoa
The best time saver in the world! Because of the doe foot applicator, you can literally swipe the colour over the lid, leave it to dry, then get on with the rest of your eye makeup. The colour also matches pretty much everything, so it gets a bonus point for neutrality.

Max Factor Eyeshadow - Earth Spirits
This came in a little Christmas set my sister got me a couple of years back, and as it turns out, is a lovely crease colour. This works into my most basic eye look, alongside the liquid eyeshadow and the eyeliner, so very very quick.

Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner
I hadn't exactly tried winged eyeliner before owning this, but I'd say I've become... alright in the last six months. For £3 you can't exactly complain, plus, I've gotten a load of compliments whilst wearing eyeliner, so yay!


Rimmel Extra 3D Lash
I've been using this as my everyday mascara since I got this at the Clothes Show last year (to see what else I got, go here).
It gives amazing length to my lashes without looking like it's too much, or too clumpy.


No7 Stay Perfect Lip Stain
I stole this off of my mum, technically, but she wasn't using it, so it's fine. At times, it looks patchy, but it does give a noticable wash of colour to my lips which reflects the colour it's meant to be.


Also, here's a picture of a makeup look using all five products, nothing else. Sorry you can't see the eye makeup much

Sally Hansen New Lengths - Berry Burst
I've been loving the colour of this nail polish, especially in autumn/winter. The colour's opaque from the first application, and honestly just very pretty.
You can see why I don't write reviews that often.


Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Polish - Coconut
The trend for nail polish this year has been white nails - by the looks of it, at least, what do I know about trends? Wearing white nail polish, shiny and smooth thanks to the formula, makes me feel so put together.


Feather Hair Comb - Accessorize
This was a Christmas present last year, and when I opened it, the first thing I thought of was this hairstyle by Cute Girls Hairstyles, which, is 100% do-able on your own, though it takes a lot of arm strength and patience.
Using this makes the hairstyle look like it took so much more effort.

What you can't see here is the 20 minutes I spent trying to get a good picture
And, because I had six topics, and only 5 days, I've thrown food favourites in, or really, recipe favourites.

Food:

Egg Fried Rice
I've written out my recipe for this, found here, and I'm glad I did it, because it's so easy to do. Cook the rice and the chicken, start frying them, then crack an egg in, so easy!

Hot Chocolate for One
We ran out of hot chocolate mix earlier this year, and this recipe, I have to say, tops the instant kind. Also, really quick to make, and easy to duplicate, apparently.

Cheese Sauce
I've actually only made this a couple of times, but it was so nice, and again easy (an essential when I'mthe cooking)

Chicken Stock!!!
This is a discovery that I am so glad I made:
Cooking rice or pasta in chicken stock
I haven't exactly tried this with other stocks, but it would probably work too.
But seriously, the usual amount of water you use to boil the stuff in, throw a stock cube in, and then let it cook down until there's next to no liquid left. Leaves the best flavour!


So, there be my first favourites of 2015 post, let's roll on the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment